The pulmonary medicine department is a relatively new addition at Al Zahra hospital, established in 2005.
Our team has a strong interest in Asthma, allergic disorders, chronic bronchitis & emphysema, interstitial lung disease and sleep associated breathing disorders. Other services provided by the department include:
- Outpatient consultations in a state-of-the-art clinic
- Inpatient admissions and consultations at Al Zahra Hospital
- Pulmonary function testing (Spirometry, lung volumes & diffusion capacity) in a state-of-the-art pulmonary function lab.
- Bronchoscopy and lung biopsy
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with sleep associated breathing disorders.
- Smoking cessation clinic & laser acupuncture.