Dr. Salwa Salah Eldin Elmahdy
Dr. Salwa completed her M.B.B.Ch in 1984 and MSc Pediatrics in 1989. She obtained her membership of the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health from London, UK (1998). She was assigned as the chairperson of education and outreach committee, and member of the board of directors of Epilepsy at the Wellington Waterloo Organization in Ontario, Canada (2015).
Dr. Salwa worked as a Pediatric Resident at Ain Shams University Hospitals in Cairo, Egypt (1986- 1989). She went on to work as a Pediatric Specialist at Tabarak Children Specialized Hospital (1989- 1993), and a Pediatric Registrar at St. Anns Hospital in London, UK (1996- 1997). Dr. Salwa was later employed as a Pediatric Consultant at Al Mana Hospital, KSA (1998- 2012), and at Al Zahra Hospital Sharjah, UAE (2013- 2015).
Dr. Salwa gained valuable experience in several domains including provision of excellent medical care in an international health care setting, participation in continual professional development as been assigned as a co-chairman of mortality and morbidity committee, and an active member in quality improvement and medical records committees. She is adept at giving superior pediatric presentations and lectures, conducting audits, creating useful guidelines, policies and procedures
Dr. Salwa speaks Arabic and English.
• Member of the Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health from London, UK (1998)
• Chairperson of education and outreach committee
• Co-chairman of mortality and morbidity committee
• Member of the board of directors of Epilepsy at the Wellington Waterloo Organization in Ontario, Canada (2015)
• Active member in quality improvement and medical records committees