MATERIALS MANAGER - WITH HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE
Responsible to manage inventory and purchasing procedures of raw materials and other supplies used in the hospital.
Have experience in supply chain and inventory control. Characterized by excellent organizational and record-keeping skills. Attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude are qualities the ideal candidate must possess.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Overall planning and organization of the Department’s needs like the total manpower, technology, space and other resources needed for it to function smoothly.
2. Active participation in the selection of staff by assisting Human resource to select the right person for the right job.
3. Ultimate responsibility for conducting orientation and training programs for all staff about their duties and responsibilities.
4. Strict adherence to the Quality measures which are implemented hospital wide that are related to the services of the department.
5. Develop and implement Performance Improvement plans as an effort to make continuous improvement for all services of the department.
6. Strive to implement measures that will be useful in the performance evaluation of the staff
7. Follow measures that will minimize variations and aim towards development of measures in accordance to the standards of Joint Commission international Library of measures.
8. Ensure to keep remedial measures ready as a second line of defense to respond to shortages and unanticipated technical and technological flaws.
Operational Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs.
2. Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications and obtain the lowest possible prices and most favorable terms & conditions.
3. Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
4. Oversee distribution of supplies in the organization
5. Control inventory levels and ensure availability of material during emergencies.
6. Ensure inventory levels & details are accurate & there is no wastage.
7. Supervise, evaluate and coach subordinates
8. Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
9. Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
10. Assist in forecasting to plan future orders
1. To ensure that statutory regulations and organizational policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times
2. To take part in staff development programs, performance appraisal reviews and undertake further training if and when required
3. To act at all times in a manner consistent with legislation, policy and procedures in respect of Equality and Diversity
4. To work to the values of the organization and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards clients and colleagues
5. To continuously develop and update own knowledge and skills within the job role and contribute to setting own work objectives.
6. To undertake any other duties relevant to the post as may be assigned from time to time which are consistent with the post.
7. Ensure all necessary supplies are available.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree , MBA (preferably)
Minimum five years’ experience as a Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Transcribe medical dictation to provide permanent record of patient care, i.e. Operative Reports, Consultation Reports, Discharge Summaries, and Radiology etc.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the medico-legal implications and responsibilities related to the transcription of patient records to protect the patient and the hospital.
• Operate the designated word processing, dictation and transcription equipment as directed to complete assignments.
• Expand job related knowledge and skills to improve performance and adjust to change.
• Coordinate with the file room supervisor to act as a back-up medical records file room clerk to ensure smooth functioning of the medical records request and retrieval processing.
• Responsible to collect, analyze and report appropriate statistical data.
• Collect parent’s information for completion of birth notification for new born as per MOH requirement.
• Perform other duties and tasks within the realm of his/her knowledge and ability as required.
• Answer patients’ queries and ensure quality customer service.
• Coordinate with nursing department and effectively providing secretarial services in the wards.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Successful completion of a recognized medical transcription training program preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience as a medical secretary in a Healthcare facility
BILINGUAL NURSE WITH ER EXPERIENCE
Registered nurse is responsible to work with critically-ill patients and traumatic patients in the emergency room of Al Zahra Hospital. Registered Nurse acts as the primary patient advocate and maintains vigilant watch over patients in the emergency room. The position has the responsibility for performing nursing assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care rendered to all patients admitted in the emergency room. Registered Nurse is responsible to work as part of a highly skilled and specialized nursing team, ensuring a safe and efficient Patient service. She/He is responsible to perform superior quality care up to Al Zahra Hospital management’s expectations and according to the policies of the hospital.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
? Demonstrate on understanding & Utilization of evidence based health care.
? Performs all aspects of nursing care for patients who are to Emergency department in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of health care errors.
? Must have excellent observation skills, able to think critically and to make quick and effective decisions.
? Perform a head-to-toe assessment and re-assessments on patient as per assessment policy.
? Able to perform procedures (not limited to):
• Glucose Monitoring
• Insertion of nasogastric tube
• Gastric lavage
• Urinalysis – Urine dipstick
• Paediatric urine collection
• Administration of Enema
• Application of bandages, slings
• Oxygen therapy
• Analysis of ABG and Cardiac Enzymes
• Tepid sponging
• End of Life Care
• Suture removal
• IV Cannulation
• Suctioning- Oral/Nasal/Endotracheal
? Able to assist with procedures (not limited to):
? Setting joules - Adult/Paediatric
? Preparation/handling paddles
? Use of Quick combo/ other Accessories
• Foreign body removal
• Application of P.O.P
~~• Chest tubes
• Suprapubic catheterization
• Incision and Drainage
• Central line insertion
• Intraoseous needle insertion & injection
• Irrigation of foleys catheter
• Chest tube insertion under water seal drainage
• ABG/VBG Collection
? Able to Monitor:
• Level of Consciousness
Demonstrates an understanding of preparation of patient for emergency surgeries.
? Demonstrates an understanding of triage categories and assign patient accordingly.
? Organize assigned duties.
? Accurately monitor and record patient’s condition.
? Adequately assess and re-assess pain as per Pain Assessment Policy.
? Perform patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
? Report patient’s condition immediately to the medical staff.
? Competent in all aspects of nursing care.
? Document on patient record as per current standards and policies.
? Assist physician with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
? Perform routine and advanced nursing procedures / Skills.
? Assist and participate in Ambulance conduction.
? Able to function efficiently in emergency department and relieve other nursing units in the hospital if necessary.
? Follow hospital policies on Medication administration.
? Safe custody and administration of drugs/narcotics.
? Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age and weight of the patient and their clinical condition.
? Follow the ten medication rights before administering any medication.
Patient and Family Education
? Communicate appropriate information to patients and their relatives.
? Educate the patient and family regarding the disease, medication, diet, pain management etc. and according to the identified individual need provide educational materials if available.
Maintenance of supplies and equipment
? Perform competency in point of care testing and ensure quality requirements.
? Able to handle all equipment in the unit like (not limited to):
• Crash cart
? Ambu bag
? Portable oxygen with flow meter
? Suction Machine on crash troley
• Suction Machine/ O2 Cylinder
• Portable ventilator
• ECG Machine
• Infusion Pump
• Syringe pump
• CTG Machine
• I-STAT machine
? Ensure all equipment is maintained in good working order, reporting any fault to Nurse Manager/Engineering.
? Assist in making ward requirements, stock verification and inventories.
? Prevent wastage and misuse of supplies.
Management of Emergencies
? Able to identify medical complications, emergencies and take the appropriate action immediately and to assist Emergency management of patient in the unit as required.
? Conversant and efficient in dealing with emergency procedures, i.e. Fire, cardiac arrest.
? Report of any untoward incident or accident in the hospital premises involving a patient, visitor or staff member.
? Perform duties according to the hospital policies and ministry of health regulations.
? Perform duties within the scope of practice.
? Maintain the infection control principles in everyday practice.
? Maintain the safe working environment.
? Follow the International Patient Safety goals.
? Participate in orientation and guidance of new nursing staff.
? Participate at unit meetings.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT/ EDUCATION
? Adhere to dress code.
? Wear identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
? Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
? Active participation in performance improvement and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities.
? Maintain professional skills.
? Update current practice.
? Attend annual Medication Management and Recertification course.
? Attend all mandatory competencies and refresher courses as and when required.
? Attend and certification of in service educational courses.
? Attend and certification of ACLS /PALS/NRP.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN).
Minimum 2 years of experience.
Valid MOH license
• Ensures smooth flow of patients in clinic according to the hospital protocols.
• Ensures patients are charged for used supplies, medication and procedure in the hospital information system.
• Coordinates the telephonic enquiries and inform the concerned person.
• Promotes and displays professional verbal and non-verbal communication and maintain all aspects of confidentiality.
• Arranges follow-up appointments for patients/ Coordinate Insurance approvals for procedures/ investigation.
• Ensures entry of stock for consumable and non-consumable supplies available in the clinic and maintains the stock level accurately.
• Cleaning of equipment.
• Checks CSSD supplies/ equipment/ inventory.
• Maintains general cleanliness and tidiness of the unit.
• Performs duties according to the hospital policies and ministry of health regulations.
• Performs duties within the scope of practice.
• Maintenance of infection control principles in everyday practice.
• Maintenance of safe working environment.
• Follows International Patient Safety goals.
• Participates at unit meetings.
• Reports any untoward incident or accident on the hospital premises involving a patient, visitor or staff member.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum 1 years of experience
REGISTERED NURSE - PICU
The applicant must possess at least 5 years of experience as a Registered Nurse with experience in ICU
The candidate must have demonstrated ability to deliver quality patient care and commitment to quality improvement for better health outcomes.She must have demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and high level of interpersonal and organizational skills is expected of this role.
The applicant should have qualified Bachelor’s Degree.
The candidate must possess a BLS and ACLS certification authorized by the American Heart Association.
Healthcare accreditation experience will be preferred.
Must posses MOH license
BILINGUAL NURSE - WITH EXPERIENCE IN ICU
NURSE - ARABIC
WE ARE HIRING EXPERIENCED REGISTERED NURSES(Arabic)
JCIA experience is a plus.
Nurses with Bachelor Degree in Nursing with MOH can apply.
We are in urgent need
REGISTERED NURSE for OPD/ER/ICU/BCU/NICU/OT/SURGICAL/MATERNITY & PEDIATRIC
- With Bachelors in Nursing and MOH license.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Organize and perform ultrasonographic examinations in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by the supervising Radiologist. Document high quality images and practice good patient care.
• Check patients identity and examinations required ensuring all examinations are justified.
• Prepare exam room and select appropriate ultrasound equipment to conduct sonography examinations in accordance with infectious disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
• Obtain and record patient history including prior test results. Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information. Enter test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
• Use proper patient positioning tools, devices, equipment adjustment, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, and to prevent compromised data acquisition and musculoskeletal injury to the sonographer. Maneuver patients into appropriate position for procedure to obtain the best images.
• Apply independent judgment during the sonography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
• Review examination images, synthesize examination results, prepare the preliminary findings and relay findings to Radiologist or Physician.
• Ensure that the sonography examination results meet the facility standards for Quality Assurance before findings are released for interpretation. Follow the guidelines provided by the supervising Radiologist for a particular sonographic examination.
• Maintain ultrasound equipment and supplies. Perform quality control procedures to ensure that the ultrasound equipment operates at optimal levels. Exercise responsibility to ensure that the ultrasound equipment is functioning accurately. Assist the Radiology Manager in maintaining accurate QC logs, service records etc.
• Understand and practice proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer’s instruction.
• Ensure the safety and comfort of the patient throughout the examination and provide care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and general population.
Other responsibilities of this post include,
• Undertake and perform General Radiography, Bone Mineral Densitometry, Mammography, and Fluoroscopy requested to a high level of Radiographic skill as and when required. Due consideration is to be given to the clinical indication, needs and abilities of the patient when tailoring the examination.
• Check patients identity and examinations required ensuring all examinations are justified and optimized.
• Assess, in consultation with the Radiologist where necessary, the justification for ionizing radiation exposure given in referrals for ionizing radiation examinations, using the ALARA principle as the standard. Where required, resolve insufficiently justified requests for ionizing radiation examinations with the referring clinician and / or the Radiologist. Supervise and assist ~~more junior radiographers in the process when required.
• Assess patients and their clinical requirements to determine appropriate scanning / radiographic techniques.
• Get pregnancy questionnaire consent from female patients of reproductive age and file it for future reference.
• Give instructions to the patients for the examinations to be performed whenever required and ensure that the patient has received the appropriate preparation before starting the procedure. Modify communication / listening technique according to the patient’s abilities and needs, to maximize compliance and obtain a satisfactory imaging outcome. Explain delays, if any.
• Ensure adequate information is available in hand to enable optimum application of procedures.
• Observe and maintain contact with patients during their waiting, examination and post-examination stay in the department.
• Aware of emergency procedures. Assist in any emergency treatment of patients, if necessary, i.e. allergic reaction. Obtain and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) at all times during the employment in the hospital.
• Perform duties efficiently, effectively and economically in line with best practice and / or as directed by the Management in the provision of a quality service at all times.
• Assist in more complex radiological examinations under the supervision of a Radiologist and senior staff.
• Work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team to ensure that an efficient service is provided to patients, for example by sharing specialist knowledge and expertise.
• Prioritize workload in accordance with hospital procedures and guidelines, the severity of a patient condition, clinical urgency and the direct impact on their management. Manage an unpredictable work load effectively, while interacting successfully with fellow health care professionals.
• Liaise with other staff / departments to ensure proper care of patients. Relate to and communicate with all other staff and customers in a courteous and helpful manner at all times.
• Record image identification and patient documentation quickly and accurately and observe protocols to ensure patient confidentiality.
• Assist in monitoring stock and supplies in the department.
• Ensure examination rooms and equipment are prepared for whatever examinations are booked.
• Take part in routine daily inspection of equipment and quality control checks on Ultrasound, X-rays and associated equipment contributing to quality assurance and audit initiatives.
• Maintain a high level of expertise in the safe operation of the equipment and ensure that equipment is regularly checked for malfunctions. Record and report faults in a timely manner either directly to the Radiology Manager or Clinical Specialist within the radiographer’s area of clinical proficiency.
• Be familiar with, and abide by, all Health and Safety Rules and recommendations. Report incidents of injury to yourself or others according to departmental procedures.
• Be familiar with the Hospital’s Major Emergency Plan and Fire Plan. Cooperate fully and participate with/in all health and safety training programmes.
• Identify hazards, assess risks and report same as per hospital policy to relevant personnel and in accordance with individual responsibilities under all Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
• Be aware of, and comply with, national / local radiation safety rules.
• To assist the Radiology Manager and Radiologists in ensuring the provision of effective radiography services to Al Zahra Hospital.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Diagnostic Radiography or its equivalent
• Postgraduate Certificate in Ultrasonography (preferable).
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in ultrasound, mammography and fluoroscopic procedures.
MOH eligibility/DHA license
HOW TO APPLY
Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on our website.
RADIOGRAPHER WITH EXPERIENCE IN 3TESLA
We are looking for Radiographer with MOH and MRI experience with the below JD:
• Ensure the safety of patients, staff and visitors who come in contact with the powerful magnetic field of a MRI scanner. Conduct screening interviews of patients to identify contra-indications, such as ferrous objects, pregnancy, prosthetic heart valves, cardiac pacemakers, tattoos or any other contraindicated device. Complete and sign patient screening form.
• Explain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures to patients, patient representatives, or family members. Answer to patients' questions as fully as possible and provide emotional support. Take brief medical histories from patients.
• Position patient and coils on a table that slides inside the MRI scanner. Attach immobilization devices if needed, to ensure appropriate placement for imaging.
• Maintain patient care, comfort and safety during transport to and from the scanner and during the exam. Provide headphones or earplugs to patients to improve comfort and reduce unpleasant noise.
• Select appropriate imaging techniques or coils to produce required images based on the clinical indication provided by the physician and the patient. Inspect images for quality required by the supervising Radiologist.
• Inject intravenously contrast dyes, such as gadolinium contrast, in accordance with scope of practice under guidance of supervising Radiologist. Guide and monitor patients during scans that may take up to 60 minutes to complete. Recognize and respond to life threatening situations.
• Coordinate the scheduling and patient flow in MRI.
• Routinely check scanners and related equipment. Troubleshoot technical issues related to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner or peripheral equipment, such as monitors or coils. Ensure proper functioning and performance of the equipment in accordance with specifications.
• Follow all safety procedures for self, patients and machinery.
• Maintains technical competency through continued education and participation in advanced MRI training programs.
The right candidate should have minimum 2 years of experience in MRI and / or CT in a tertiary hospital environment.