Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
The Department of Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery provides comprehensive, treatment in three clinical programs at AL Zahra Hospital: Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery and Laser Therapy. At the heart of these programs is a team of outstanding Cardiothoracic and Vascular specialists who blend expertise and experience to deliver advanced, pace setting care with matchless sensitivity. The surgeons in this department are highly qualified, experienced and trained in reputed institutes. The department has the facility to perform Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgeries (VATS) in both adult and pediatric patients with lung diseases. Surgeries are performed with minimal use of blood products. Post- operatively patients are closely monitored in a dedicated intensive care unit.
Our surgeons provide complete evaluation, diagnosis, and surgical treatment for a wide variety of disorders. Our goal is to provide contemporary, evidence-based Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery in a personalized fashion. Using an integrated approach in the treatment of heart, lung and Vascular disease, our surgeons work closely with cardiologists, pulmonologists, endocrinologists and other specialists to make your health our top priority.
Procedures performed presently:
- Lung resections -a) Lobectomy b) Pneumonectomy c) Segmentectomy.
- Decortication, surgery for chronic empyema.
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS).
- Diagnostic and therapeutic, Flexible and Rigid Bronchoscopy.
- Surgery for Recurrent pneumothorax.
- Intercostal drainage and its management.
- Surgery for Broncho-pleural fistula.
- Surgery for lung Carcinoma.
- Mediastinal Surgery for tumors, Mediastinal biopsy, Surgery for Retrosternal goiters.
- Surgery of chest wall, Pericardial Surgeries (Window creation and pericardiectomy).
- Surgery for Lung Cysts, Surgery for Pulmonary tuberculosis, Surgery for Pulmonary A-V Malformations Permanent Pacemaker insertion.
- Coronary artery by-pass grafting surgery (CABG) with the heart-lung machine and without the heart-lung machine (beating heart surgery) with Minimal invasive endoscopic saphenous vein harvesting
- Total arterial Grafts revascularization CABG surgery
- Endoscopic Atraumatic Coronary artery by-pass (EACAB) using Robot
- Conventional and Minimal invasive Valve Replacement with biological or mechanical valves.
- Valve Repair Surgery (Aortic ,Mitral and tricuspid)
- Trans aortic valve implantation(TAVI)
- Mitra Clip
- Combined procedures CABG and Valves
- Left ventricle aneurysm surgery
- Emergent Cardiac surgeries including: Acute dissection, VSD after infraction, Acute mitral regurgitation
- Ascending Aortic surgeries
- Paediatric (above 14 years) Cardiac Surgery: VSD and ASD surgical and interventional procedures.
- Minimal invasive surgical atrium Fibrillation treatment
- Creation of A-V Fistulas for Hemodialysis.
- Treatment for peripheral aneurysms.
- Embolectomy for peripheral thromboembolism.
- Ligation of internal iliac artery for PPH.
- Management of Vascular injuries.
- Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis.
- Aortic Occlusion and aneurysm surgeries.
- Treatment for peripheral vascular disease and ischemic wounds.
- Chemoport insertion for chemotherapy
- Sclerotherapy for varicose veins.
- Laser (EVLT) and open surgical treatment of lower limb varicosity.
- CT/USG Guided biopsy of chest lesions.
- Permacath insertion.
- Peripheral arterial bypass surgeries.