Dr. Aditya Bhabhe
Dr. Aditya Bhabhe is a Consultant Nephrologist with 10 years’ experience in the field of adult Nephrology and kidney transplantation.
He did MD (Internal Medicine) from the prestigious KEM Hospital, University of Mumbai, India. Following this he completed DM (Nephrology) from Bombay Hospital, Mumbai, one of the premier teaching institutes in Mumbai. He secured the first position in the University in the outgoing examination.
After this he pursued a 2 year fellowship in Nephrology from Ottawa, Canada where he obtained further expertise in all aspects of Nephrology.
He worked as a Consultant Nephrologist and transplant physician for 6 years in Deenananth Mangeshkar Hospital, and Jupiter hospital Pune, India which are premier super-speciality institutions. He was one of the leading nephrologists in the city of Pune.
He also held the position of Associate Professor of Nephrology for a period of 3 years from 2013-2016 at Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical college, Pune.
Areas of expertise:
- Care of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patients
- Hemodialysis (acute and chronic dialysis; home hemodialysis)
- Vascular access insertion – temporary and permanent catheters
- Care of ICU patients with kidney failure including ICU dialysis (CRRT, SLED, Plasmapheresis).
- Peritoneal dialysis– CAPD, APD
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Managing all types of glomerulonephritis
- Kidney biopsies
- Managing kidney transplant patients
Dr Aditya Bhabhe has special interest in incremental hemodialysis which entails tailoring dialysis frequency and duration of dialysis therapy to the patient’s clinical needs.
Dr Aditya Bhabhe has several publications in peer reviewed journals. He is a member of Indian Society of Nephrology, American Society of Nephrology, Canadian Society of Nephrology.
Languages spoken: English, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada.