Dr. Ahmad Abdul-Rahman
Dr. Ahmad Abdul-Rahman received his medical degree MD from School of Medicine, Aleppo University in Syria (2000). He completed all of the surgical training in UK and attained Certificate of Completion Basic Surgical Training (CCBST) in 2006, MRCS Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) in 2006, Master degree MSc in Urology at University College London (UCL) in 2009, FRCS (Urology) Royal College of Surgeons, and Certificate of Completion Training (CCT) UK.
Dr. Ahmad has been trained and worked as a physician in the National Health Service (NHS) for the last eighteen years. Prior to joining our hospital Dr Ahmad has been a consultant urological surgeon at Hull University Teaching Hospital and appointed as Honorary Senior Lecturer at Hull York Medical School (HYMS). He also previously served as the Director of female urology and uro-gynaecology department in Hull, UK.
Dr. Ahmad practices general urology, including all areas of urologic oncology, benign urology, and he is expert in minimally invasive prostate surgery and he treats female incontinence and prolapse with (Erbium YAG Laser) and BOTOX. Dr. Ahmad, helped patients from all across Yorkshire in UK with his unique skills in Sacral neuromodulator implants. Patients traveled from further afield, like Ireland and Kuwait to seek his advice and expertise.
Area of expertise:
- Pioneer in Implanting of Sacral Neuromodulator (SNM), and Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS).
- Minimally invasive prostate surgery (UroLift, Rezum, Green light Laser).
- Female incontinence treatment (Laser, Botulinum toxin, Bulkamid, Tapes).
- Botulinum toxin (BOTOX) treatment for bladder.
- Erbium YAG Laser.
- Expert in Insertion of Artificial Urinary Sphincter (AUS) and Male Sling (ATOMS) in the treatment of patients with urinary problems following prostate cancer surgery.
- Andrology, Erectile Dysfunction, and Penile Implants.
- Neuro-Urology: Neuropathic bladder, Spinal bifida.
Dr. Ahmad’s aim is to establish the first specialized comprehensive Bladder dysfunction and incontinence Clinic in UAE to the early screen, diagnose and treat a wide range of bladder, prostate, and voiding dysfunction with state of the art medical and surgical techniques.
Dr. Ahmad has authored numerous research articles in peer reviewed journals and he is editorial reviewer for scientific journals. He is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. (RCSEd), British Association of Urological Surgeons. (BAUS), European Association of Urology. (EAU), and American Urology Association (AUA)
Dr. Ahmad speaks English & Arabic.