Dr. Emadeldin Ibrahim
Education & Fellowship
- MBBCH, MSc, Doctorate Degree of Chest Diseases, WUSTL, FCCP, ERSF
Internship and Residency in Chest Medicine
- Diagnostic Radiology, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK; September to October 1984
- Internal Medicine Department, St Marry Abbots Hospital, London, UK; August-October, 1985
- Alexandria Main University Hospitals, Alexandria; as house officer; 1989-1990
- Chest Department, Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria, Egypt; as a resident pulmonary physician; 1990-1994
Fellowship of Pulmonary Diseases
- Chest Department, Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria, Egypt; as an assistant lecturer of Pulmonary Medicine; 1994-2002
- Pulmonary Fellow, Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Washington School of Medicine, Barnes Hospital, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA; 1999-2001
- Fellow of the American college of chest phycisian, USA - 2005 November
- Fellow of Europian respiratory society, Switzerlan - 2005
- Chest Department, Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria, Egypt; as a lecturer of Pulmonary Medicine; 2002 - 2007.
- Chest Department, Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria, Egypt; as an assistant Professor of Pulmonary Medicine; 2007- 2012.
- Chest Department, Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria, Egypt; as a Professor of Pulmonary Medicine; 2012 - now.
- Professor of Pulmonary Medicine, Alexandria Faculty of Medicine, Egypt.
- Member of Scientific committees the Supreme Council of Universities-Egypt (2012- now)
- Referee for King Abdul-Aziz University Permanent Committee for Academic Promotions; KSA since 2016.
- Pulmonary Medicine Consultant in adults by Saudi Council for Health Specialist, KSA; since 2005
- Visiting pulmonary consultant to Kuwait Hospitals
- Head of the Alexandria CME Accreditation Council [AMAC] (2009-2016)
- Chair at the European Respiratory Society Annual Conference since 2003
- National Delegate of the European Respiratory Society (2004-2007)
- European Respiratory Society Council Member (2005-2007)
- Member of the working group of the Gulf Countries Council Guidelines for Community Acquired Pneumonia and reference for the American Thoracic Society Guidelines for treatment of HAP.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Most Chest Diseases
- Asthma, COPD, Interstitial lung diseases, lung tumors, pleural effusions, mediastinal masses, respiratory infections, community acquired pneumonia, hospital acquired pneumonia, ventilator associated pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, pulmonary tuberculosis, sleep apnea, bronchiectasis, lung abscess, etc.
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy, Pulmonary function testing, and arterial blood gases.
Research / Publications
- Over 34 international publications with over 1900 reads and over 2700 citations with RG Score 26.51 and h-index 8
- Young Investigator Award of the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) in 1999.
- Young Investigator Award of the American College of Chest Physicians in 2000.
- American Thoracic Society Travel Award in 2001.
Cecil Lehman Research Award of the Chest Foundation and the American College of Chest Physicians in 2001
Dr Emadeldin speaks Arabic and English
TV. Interview on Al Arabiya TV. by Dr. Emadeldin Ibrahim- Consultant, Chest Diseases.
Dr. Emadeldin Ibrahim - Radio Interview
Dr. Emadeldin Ibrahim Al Arabia TV Interview
Dr Emadeldin Ibrahim - Interview on Sharjah TV
Dr. Emadeldin Ibrahim - Interview on Al Arabia TV