Dr. Mustafa Marai
Dr. Mustafa completed his MBBChB at Al Arab Medical University, Libya (1992). He completed Diploma in Internal Medicine at the Imperial College, University of London, UK (1998), and Master degree MSc Clinical Dermatology at King’s College, University of London, UK (1999). He also did the MRCP Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (2003), CCST from Royal College of Physicians, UK (2012) and MD degree from University of Leeds, UK (2015).
Dr. Mustafa did his Medical Rotation (1992 – 1994), and Dermatology Registrar at the Central Tripoli Hospital, Libya (1994 - 1997). Then he did Clinical Fellow at Hammersmith Hospital, London UK (1997 -1998) and also at St Thomas’ Hospital, London, UK (1998 – 1999). He held the position of Dermatology Specialist at Birmingham Skin Canter, Birmingham City Hospital, UK (2002 – 2003), and at Dermatology Department, Doncaster Royal Infirmary Hospital, UK (2003 – 2009), then Dermatology Consultant at Doncaster Royal Infirmary Hospital, UK (2009 – 2012). Since, then Dr. Mustafa has been working as a Consultant Dermatologist at Alzahra Hospital, Sharjah.
Dr. Mustafa has attended many local and international conferences and has several presentations to his name. He also presented many clinical audits while working in UK. He has a good experience in medical students and Dermatology trainee teaching.
Areas of expertise are:
- Management of acute and chronic skin diseases of both paediatric and adult age groups.
- Management of Psoriasis, Vitiligo, Eczema, Acne, Rosacea and different skin infections.
- Use of Biological Injection treatment for Psoriasis, Eczema and Hedradenitis Supporitiva.
- Skin surgery for different moles, skin cancers, skin cysts and fatty lumps.
- Management of many sexually transmitted diseases (STD).
- Cryotherapy and Electrocautery for treatment of skin tags, viral warts and corns.
- Lasers treatment for hair removal, vascular lesions, skin rejuvenation, acne scars.
- Botox injections for wrinkles, severe sweating and Fillers for soft tissue augmentation.
- PRP and Mesotherapy injections treatment for skin rejuvenation and hair loss.
- Skin Peeling for treatment of facial scars and pigmentation.
Affiliations / Memberships:
- British Association of Dermatologists.
- European Academy of Dermatologists and Venereologists.
Dr. Mustafa speaks Arabic and English.