Our department of gastroenterology specifically deals with all gastrointestinal and hepatic disorders. Its state of the art endoscopy equipment ensures clear and accurate diagnosis with minimal discomfort to the patients.
“The endoscopic procedures are done with different kinds of sedation depending on doctors’ advice, patients’ general health and patients’ preferences. Deep sedation is only done under a consultant anesthetist supervision as patient safety is paramount in our facility”.
Al Zahra Gastroenterology Department offers the following range of services:
- Upper and Lower G.I. diagnostic procedures.
- Therapeutic endoscopic modalities of treating Upper G.I. Bleeding, including esophageal varices banding, glue injection, metallic clips, Argon plasma and gold probe coagulation.
- Esophageal Balloon Dilatation.
- Abdominal Pain Investigation.
- Treatment & Management of: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Hepatitis B and C, Chronic Diarrhea, Coeliac Disease.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.
- Hepatobiliary Problems (Jaundice, Choledocholithiasis, Cholangitis).
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis).
- Facilities for diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP for treatment of Common Bile Duct Stones and Pancreatic disorders are also available.